Online Tutoring Report- 1
REPORT ON ONLINE TEACHING PRACTICE
(13/11/2020, 16/11/2020, 27/11/2020 to 11/12/2020)
As the part of B. Ed curriculum, my school internship programme Phase 1 was started on 13th November, 2020.Due to the COVID-19 pandemic situation, the classes were conducted online through the Google Meet platform. I was given six , 9th standard students from division G of Vimala Hridaya GHSS, Kollam for my teaching practice. Time allotted for taking online class was at 7.30 pm to 8.00pm.
On the very first day of my online class,(13-11-2020) 4 students joined my class and also my tutor Dr. Mary Sindhu. J joined to the class. The topic which I taught was 'Parts of Respiratory System' from the Unit:4 'Breathing for Energy'. I was feeling tensed at the beginning of my class thinking about whether students will respond or not. Students responded this made me a bit free. PowerPoint presentation and whiteboard was used to deliver the content. Explanation was provided to students with the help of whiteboard during sum up of content, this helped to interact with students.
On 16th November, 2020 also I took class. But on 17th November,2020 I was taken to the hospital due to shortness of breathe after having diagnosed it was found to be pneumonia and was under treatment admitted in ICU later shifted to ward from 18-11-2020 to 26-11-2020 and was not able to take online class. For that very reason my tutor Dr. Mary Sindhu J informed college authorities about it, cared my health and took measures to extend my Online teaching practice from 27-11-2020 to 11-12-2020. On 27 th November 2020, Dr. Reena. George and Dr. Mary. Sindhu. J joined to observe my class. The topic I taught during that class was "Exchange of gases in the alveoli". All the other day, the online class went as usual.
Later on I was able to take all the ten lesson plans.The great problem faced was net issues for some students.However,all the students were very cooperative and it was a good experience for me. Students and also their teacher Miss. Susan. John were very cooperation. I fell glad for all.
Comments
Post a Comment