Second Phase Online teaching
REPORT ON ONLINE TEACHING PHASE 2
(27/1/2021 - 17/2/2021)
As per the B. Ed curriculum, my school internship programme Phase II was started on 27th January, 2021.Due to the COVID-19 pandemic situation, the online class was conducted through the Google Meet platform. I was given six students of 9th standard of Vimala Hridaya GHSS, Kollam for my teaching practice. I was very excited to have the opportunity to teach the same children that I had taught before in the phase I of online class. Time which allotted for taking online class was at 7.30 pm to 8.00pm.
On the first day (27/1/2021,Wednesday) of my online class, there were 2 students joined the class.Made a friendly talk with them. I came to know that they were happy for attending my class again and meeting after a long time.I taught the topic 'Excretory organs in human body' from the unit 5 : 'Excretion to maintain homeostasis'.PowerPoint presentation and whiteboard was used to deliver the content. On January 29, 2021, Dr. Mary Sindhu.J joined to observe my class. The topic I taught during that class was 'Kidney and Associated Parts'.All the other day, the online class went as usual. On February 2,2021 Reena miss joined to observe my class.On that day,I took the topic 'Urine Formation' . After observing the class, miss gave her valuable suggestions. From 27 th January to 12th February I could complete my 15 lesson plans and also I completed the unit 'Excretion to maintain homeostasis' successfully and also took some portions in the unit 6: 'Biology of Movement'. Sometimes the students encountered technical difficulties.This was the major problem that was faced during the online teaching sessions.However, the students were cooperative and it was a good experience for me.On 16 th February I made a testpaper based on the portions I have taught them. All the students attended the testpaper very well. On 17 th February ,a diagnostic test was also conducted. Everything went as well as I planned earlier and hence I felt happy and satisfied during these days of online classes. Altogether, online teaching was a wonderful experience for me during this pandemic situation.
Comments
Post a Comment